- Preheat oven at 175C. Line two 18" round cake pan @ springform pan (I use two 8" round pans) with grease proof paper.
- Beat soften cream cheese in a large bowl. Add milk and continue beating at medium speed.
- Add 1/2 of castor sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch, lemon/lime juice and combine thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy, add in cream of tartar and half of remaining sugar. Beat till soft peak, and the remaining sugar and continue to whisk at high speed till eggs turn stiff peaks (tip: at stiff peak stage, egg whites won't drop or drip/meleleh when the bowl is turned upside down. And another tip, when you stab the egg whites with your beaters, you feel it's like stabbing a sponge. Hahaha.. Don't overdo it or you'll end up with flatten egg whites. Once is enough laa).
- Fold third of egg whites thoroughly (at this stage you can be a bit vigorous). Fold two-thirds of egg whites gently but thoroughly, not forgetting to scrap the bottom of the bowl. Lastly, fold in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly, ending by scraping the sides of the bowl into the center (selalu saya buat tiga bahagian kaup balik).
- Water bath bake @ bain marie bake cake for 45 minits on lower shelf (I use 160C, for about 55 min).
- Leave in tin too cool enough to handle (I just invert the cake pan onto the rack till it's cool enough to be taken out).
Japanese Souffle Cheesecake, 1kg++ ditempah oleh Wilson sempena menyabut Hari Natal