My opinion? Eat it a day or two after it has been made. And if you poke a toothpick and it still comes out very moist, it's already baked (even if it doesn't look like it). Just let it cool at room temperature, stash it in the fridge, and slice it up tomorrow with a cuppa hot choc. Yummyyy~
UPDATE 15 May 2011: Another recipe for Baked Chocolate Cheesecake I made a few days back. This one doesn't use any flour in it, and is soft, creamy, and cheesey-chocolatey.
150gram digestive biscuits/oreo - crushed finely- I used marie biscuits+1tbs cocoa powder
80gram butter - melted
400gram cream cheese
250gram whipped cream - I used non-diary whipping cream, whipped till medium peak
200gram dark chocolate - grated
140gram caster sugar
3 eggs - grade A
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix biscuits crumbs with melted butter. Press the crumbs mixture over the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the greased spring form cake tin. Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge. Wrap the tin with aluminum foil.
2. Melt chocolate using double boil method*. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until soft, add whipped cream, lemon juice, sugar and corn flour. Beat in eggs one at a time, then fold melted chocolate slowly.
4. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and level out. Place the cake tin in a roasting tin and pour boiling water around it to about 1 inch deep.
5. Bake for about 45-60 minutes @ 180C on preheated oven. Take out from the oven and leave to cool completely. (I baked it for 75min)
5. Chill for at least 4 hours. To serve, turn the cheesecake out and dust with cocoa powder and extra grated chocolate.
*Double boil method - boil water in a pan, place another bowl filled with chopped chocolate and stir them till melt.
Note: The longer this cheesecake sits in the fridge, the better. Next time I won't bake it too long, an hour is enough. The cake rises beautifully in the oven, but due to over-baking (I suppose), it fell to the level of its original batter (tak tinggi sangat pun) and had a crisps border. Need more experiment with this one, or find another baked choc cheesecake recipe in the future if I needed a more souffle kinda cake.