Thursday, December 11, 2008

Resepi Sup Tulang dan White Chocolate Buttercream Icing

Hoy yeahhh.. Hoy yeahhh...

My small yet humble dinner 'party' was, if I might say so myself, quite a success.

I had some trouble earlier this afternoon like turning up with a poor, watery cempelang spaghetti sauce (my hubby made a stint, saying it had no taste at all. Huhu... Nak nangis je rasa tadi). But then I managed to fix it up by adding some more ingredients to it (like salt, for instance. I'm such a loser when adding salt to my dishes. I'm always having nightmares making them too salty to eat. Huhu...)

Like promised, Kak Su and family came round 9 pm this evening for dinner. I cooked up a couple of dishes, like the usual spaghetti sauce and kuah kurma. I also boiled half a kilo of tulang lembu for several hours till they're tender and made a sup tulang/steak bones, a Singapore recipe if I'm not mistaken. I found the recipe about a year ago and found it to be tasty. Yummy... Hehe... Kak Su siap tambah lagi bebbb.

I forgot to take a pic of the steak bones (very remissed of me) but here's the recipe in case you want to try it out yourself. The original recipe didn't exactly state how much of the ingredients were needed so I adjusted it myself. For the recipe, here it is.

Sup Tulang @ Steak Bones (don't remember from where)

Bahan2:
5 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
1cm ginger
3 tangkai cili kering ditumbuk
2,3 tablespoons of tomato sauce or just cillie sauce
2 tablespoon of tomato puree
1/2 kg of steak bones
1/2 a potato, boiled and blended in water for puree)
1 egg till soup thickens
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
dash of white pepper
oil for frying
1 tablespoon of rempah sup

Cara2:
  1. Boil steak bones with rempah sup till steak is tender (about 2,3 hours. The longer the better).
  2. Grind garlic, onion, and ginger.
  3. Heat oil, fry chillie paste and grinded ingredients till fragrant.
  4. Add in tender steak bones, tomato sauce, tomato puree and stock. Not too much as this soup is supposed to be rather thick.
  5. Add salt, sugar, white pepper and zeal.
  6. Add potato puree and stir till thickens.
  7. Add egg, stir for a while and remove from heat.
Komen: It's finger licking good! You can eat it with french bread, nasi putih, or just by itself. Huahaha... Rugi kalau tak try...

Now, you might be wondering what happened to the dreaded, newly improved butter icing? Frankly, it was AWESOME! Not too sweet, nor plain, but quite nice. In fact, just the way I was hoping it to be. Haw haw haw... Mana tak nyer, guna cokelat putih dalam icing. Kayo gilo den... Kuang3... Ni kalo orang tempah mau up harga ni, gue pun tak selalu (this is first time) guna icing bercokelat putih. Satu bar cokelat putih pun dah berapa harga dia. Icing biasa pun bakeri cas mahal, huahahaha...

Yang lebih membanggakan, Kak Su siap tapau balik lagi. Huahaha... Oh senangnya dalam hati...bila orang makan makanan kita rasa hepi... Hoy yeahhh... Hoy yeahhh...

Here's a picture of the cake after it's been more then half eaten:


The after look

And here's the cake before it was cut and eaten:

The before look

It's weighs about 500g and I used a small baking pan. The top layer I slathered some chocolate ganache and topped it off with a generous amount of chocolate rice. It was rather thick so I halved it and spread some chocolate ganache then stuck it together, making it a very chocolatey cake. Yummy... Naseb baik icing tak manis sangat, kalo tak ada yang patah gigi. Huhu...

Because I'm a very generous person (konon la tu :p ), I'm pasting the recipe of the newly improved chocolate-butter icing below.

White Chocolate Buttercream Icing (by yours truly)

Bahan2:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup icing sugar (diayak)
1/4 cup or more white chocolate yang dicincang halus

Cara2:

  1. Beat shortening till fluffy.
  2. Add butter, beat again till fluffy.
  3. Add sugar then add vanilla essence.
  4. Add white chocolate a bit at a time and beat at high speed till it's white and creamy. If you want it to hold its shape add more chocolate or more icing sugar.

If you're interested in ordering a cake I'd be happy to be at your service (if you live in Tawau and kenal my hubby la. Susah nak anto yang jauh2). To guarantee a not so comot cake you might want place your order a bit earlier though. My Taufiq is when he's good, he's very good. When he's not, he's very loud. Huhu... Tapi hari ni alhamdulillah, baik sangat dia. Mak pun tak penat nak masak untuk orang. Cayang bucuk mak yang wangi ni. Muuaaahhh...

Maybe when I have a new oven I'll try other recipes. Meanwhile, you have to put up with my one and only kek cokelat kukus :P Ciao!

No comments: