Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Resepi Soft Butter Buns & a Happy B'Day

Yehawww...

Last few days I've been baking like mad making bread and buns for the family. (Jelik suda asik kuar duit beli roti dari van yang lalu depan rumah :P)

This time I tried a recipe from Mamafami's Fotopages called Soft Butter Buns. My comment? Very soft, gebus and goes well for making sweet buns, mini pizzas, mini cheese bread and the likes. The only thing was the dough is kinda soft to handle by hand so you might want to use a stand mixer for this. The first time I did this (it was a while ago) I did it by hand, and my, was it sticky :P The second time (last night) I tried using my mixer and it turned out very stretchy (kinda like a webbyskin- dough when stretched by hand) and just right for getting a good soft bread/bun.

So, here's the recipe for making soft butter buns/mini pizzas/mini cheese bun/hotdog bread/roti sosej:

Cheese bun (ter-over brown sebab syok sangat makan sampai lupa nak keluarkan yang dalam oven :p)

Mini pizza @ bun (I likee cheezeee)
Cheese rolls (and one sausage roll sebab nak habiskan sosej :p) See the brown bits? That's the parmesan. Buat spoil make-up roti daku jek :p

Resepi Soft Butter Buns (mamafami@fotopages.com)
Bahan:
250g tepung roti
50g tepung superfine (ku takde, guna je tepung roti)
50g gula kastor
1 sk garam
2 1/2 sb susu tepung
1 1/2 sb yis segera (ku guna baker's yeast)
1 telur kecil
30g butter-suhu bilik (ku takde jd guna majerin je :p)
140ml air suam

Glaze:
1 telur, dipukul sedikit
butter cair, untuk glis

Cara:
  1. Campur sume bahan kecuali butter dan uli hingga doh lembut terbentuk.
  2. Tambahkan butter dan teruskan uli hingga doh menjadi elastik, lembut dan licin.
  3. Perapkan doh selama 2 jam (ku wat 1 1/2jam je).
  4. Tumbuk doh untuk keluarkan angin, uli secara lembut dan bahagikan doh kepada saiz-saiz kecil yang sama. Boleh dimasukkan inti pada ketika ini.
  5. Letak ban dalam loyang yang dilengser dengan butter dan ditabur tepung, rehatkan hingga naik 2 kali ganda.
  6. Panaskan oven 200C.
  7. Beruskan ban dengan telur dan bakar 15min atau keperangan.
  8. Keluarkan dari oven dan beruskan dengan butter cair.
  9. Sejukkan ban di dalam tin sebelum di letakkan atas redai.

Note: I made mini pizzas, mini cheese buns dan cheese rolls. The cheese buns I used mozzarella cheese and serbuk parmesan. Seems like the serbuk parmesan doesn't stand too well in a hot oven and got pretty brown before the bread. So I guess next time I'll hold the parmesan cheese. And p'bably I'll use custard and pipe it on the cheese buns so that'll stay moist and soft, with a squirt of mayonnaise and mozzarella cheese on top. I don't quite get the hang of it making the cheese bun moist like the sell in the bakery shop. I wonder how they do it? I brushed using water before baking but that didn't seem to do the job. Hmmmm... More research I guess.



Cutout alphabets fondant. Huhu... Do I have to buy fondant tools now? (Tak habis-habis experiment :p )


A Happy Birthday to Firdaus, Kak Ti's son who's now 4 years old. Waaah... Cepatnya dah besar ek? Huhu... Thank you for the order Kak Ti. Lain kali order lagi k? ;)

No comments: